Sunday, April 14, 2013

For a long time now I have been trying to get a job in the UP.  The fishing is great, my Dad is a Yooper and I have been visiting it since I was a kid- it seemed like the natural place for me.  I am super excited to say I finally got the job that I wanted.  Starting next month I will be moving up...enjoying another winter and spring. Reports are that many of the inland lakes still have up to 3 feet of ice of them.  I am eager to complete my testing on a few patterns that I have been working now.  Species specific- bass, pike and musky.  There are few places where you can chase monster smallies, pike, carp, steelhead, salmon, lake run browns the list doesn't seem to end that are as exciting to live as the UP.

Packing, tying and a short trip to PA will be filling my time until I leave.  Thank you to all of you that have placed orders- I have locked myself to my tying desk to get all your flies shipped before I leave.  Any orders received after April 16th will not be started the second week of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment