Monday, April 22, 2013

I took a break from tying for a few days to go fish for PA brookies.  Now I havent fished for trout for many years- most of my gear was covered in dust, my boxes empty and my idea of a light rod most days is a 6 weight.  But I was excited and my little 3 weight was happy to see the sun after some many years.  Brookies are more fun and far prettier than I remembered.  Maybe absence has caused my heart to grow fonder but I just think warm water fish are crafty and have pulled the wool over my eyes.  Because we all know no matter how hard they pull, how big they are or smart- carp are crazy ugly even their mothers dont think they are pretty.  We had sunshine, rain, snow, lots of fish, plenty of fun and I got reintroduced to a fish that I have been neglected for to many years.  These conditions are the prefect ushers for my new home in the UP right now- the Lake is frozen (that is Superior for those not in the know), inlands lakes frozen, rivers that are super high.  Now its back to the vice- on the list carp boxes, bass flies and sexy gaudy flies for AK





No comments:

Post a Comment